UNESCO-L'Oréal For Women in Science International Fellowships
Please carefully read the eligibility criteria. Some restrictions apply.
Field of study: Fellowships are being offered for research in the field
of Life Sciences including biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, agriculture,
medicine, pharmacy and physiology. Projects involving animal models
are rejected and preference is given to non-cosmetic research.
- Candidates must be female Canadian citizens or permanent residents;
- Candidates must be starting or currently enrolled in research at the doctoral or post-doctoral level;
- Candidates may not be in receipt of another fellowship/grant for the project
or for the period covered by the fellowship application;
- Some of the research must be carried out under the auspices of an academic
supervisor in a host academic institution/laboratory abroad;
- Candidates must be proficient in reading and writing the language of instruction
in the proposed country of study;
- Candidates must be no more than 35 years of age. Applicants born before
January 1st, 1978 will not be considered for this program.
Value: $20,000 USD per year.
Up to four (4) candidates may be nominated by the Canadian UNESCO-L’Oréal selection committee for the “For Women in Science International Fellowships” program. Candidates who are selected for nomination will compete for one of 3 fellowships allotted to the Europe/North America region.
Type of fellowship:
Applicable towards doctoral or post-doctoral research.
Duration and place of study:
Tenable for two (2) academic years. The duration abroad of the proposed research must be of a minimum of 12 months and a maximum duration of 22 months and the candidates must conduct their research in a host academic institution or laboratory located in at least one (1) country abroad. The applicant is requested to complete the research in her own country for a minimum of two months.