Queen Elizabeth II Silver Jubilee Endowment Fund for Study in a Second Official Language Award
Please read the eligibility criteria carefully. Some restrictions apply.
Field of study: All disciplines, except translation.
- Applications are by nomination by the candidate's university. Each member institution of the Universities Canada may nominate only one candidate and the application must be duly endorsed by that institution;
- Candidates must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada;
- Candidates must be enrolled in the second or third year of their first bachelor degree program during the 2012-2013 academic year. Candidates attending an institution in Quebec can be enrolled in the first year of their first bachelor degree program;
- Candidates must have sufficient ability in their second official language to pursue their studies in that language.
Selection: Preference will be given to candidates who wish to study at another
educational institution, in a milieu in which their second official language is predominant.
Value and duration of the Awards:
- $7,000 CAD tenable for one year;
- Transportation expenses for one return trip (economy) between
the recipient's place of residence and the university to be attended;
- A letter of congratulations signed by the Minister of Canadian Heritage.
Number of Awards: Up to 3 awards at the bachelor degree level.
Eligible institutions: Any Canadian university which is a
member, or affiliated
to a member of Universities Canada and which offers instructions in the student's second official language.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.